When you download the GuitarRx app, it comes preloaded with 5 free guitar riff lessons that you can begin using immediately. Five additional free riffs will be sent, one per week for the next two week period, after you download the app.
Below is a listing of 9 of the free riff lessons you will receive; number ten will be a suprise. Remember each lesson comes with full and half speed audio and accurate tablature so you can following along and then play along with each riff lesson.
The free lssons provided as part of the GuitarRxs app are generic in nature because the distribution of commercial songs, such as those found in our paid bundles require that royalties be paid. Please click here to review the current list of paid bundles available for purchase.
Guitar Fundamentals (7) by Tony Aja
- TAKE AWAY: A classic Blues song, opening riff to play in any key.
Guitar Fundamentals (8) by Tony Aja
- TAKE AWAY: A great chromatic lick that will help with building up speed and dexterity in playing minor second notes.
Guitar Fundamentals (9) by Tony Aja
- TAKE AWAY: You will learn the most important "CIRCLE LICK." Make sure you hold the first note, full bend up, until you play the second two notes of your circle. Finish up with a final "Pull-Off" with the second measure.
Guitar Fundamentals (10) by Tony Aja
- TAKE AWAY: This is a very cool SRV lick. You don't often hear the 6th of a scale and the minor third of a scale played together. This is used to create tension in blues soloing.
Guitar Fundamentals (12) by Tony Aja
- TAKE AWAY: You will learn to alternate pick your way through "Major and Minor Second" intervals with a nice left hand stretch.
Guitar Fundamentals (13) by Tony Aja
- TAKE AWAY: This is a nice "Hammer-On," "Pull-Off" exercise stretching from the 5th to the 8th frets.
Guitar Fundamentals (14) by Tony Aja
- TAKE AWAY: This lick is what is called a "Hammer Circle" for obvious reasons. You can use this lick in Blues and Rock songs as you see fit.
Guitar Fundamentals (15) by Tony Aja
- TAKE AWAY: This is a tough lick used to build up speed. Play the first measure 5 times and then end with the one note in the second measure.
Guitar Fundamentals (18) by Tony Aja
- TAKE AWAY: This is an intro to "Sweep Picking." It's an art! Drag your pick over each string and immediately lift up to release the note. This will work great over an A minor chord solo.
Guitar RX is a division of Todd, Michael and James, Inc.
4620 Derby Lane, Doylestown, PA 18902 Tel:866-423-0413, 215-371-3909 (F)
Do you have questions or need assistance?Contact the GuitarRx Support Center.